#19 No Pain No Gain


As I like reading non-fiction books recently, but not as a ‘nerd/geek’, however, I probably can be said as one of Indonesians who lazy to read, as a stereotype that the world thinks about Indonesians. In which case, please pray for me to be not included to be among those who hate reading, or else I can prove that stereotype is completely wrong! 😐 And I feel that I start getting bored being ignorant.



Being a writer is something I have been dreaming about for years. But ironically, I have never started writing so that I blog my life to train myself at writing. I wish I get a job that involves English and writing skill. As I know, writing activity needs consistency because my patience is challenged. To be honest, I leave it when I feel tired because of a lack of ideas.

If looking at the successful writers such as a novelist, JK. Rowling, Arianna Huffington, the founder of Huffington post or even the successful Nigerian blogger, Linda Ikeji. Then it made me ask myself is it possible for one like me to be like them. However, behind their success, there is must be a struggle and they had proved it by only having ideas and perseverance that led them towards their success. A common saying in Indonesian like "berakit-rakit ke hulu berenang-renang ke tepian, bersakit-sakit dahulu bersenang-senang kemudian" the words are like rhymes or maybe poems but absolutely meaningful. In English, is just almost the same with 'No pain No gain'

If you know about behind the famous Harry Potter series, the author of Harry Potter and anything about magical school, Joanne Kathleen Rowling or well known as JK. Rowling. Perhaps not so many people know she had a hard time when she was writing Harry Potter. She experienced a life-difficulty after getting divorced and being a single parent. When she tried to publish her manuscript to publishers, she had ever been refused by some publishers for so many times, even though at the end, there was a publisher that allowed publishing it. But believe it or not, there were a lot of people liked her novels. Her novels were sold well up to millions of copies, that was fantastic! I think it was not surprised if she was claimed to be one of the richest woman in England.

Then again, if you have ever heard a story of Linda Ikeji before she succeed, she did not even know anything to do with her blog to make money from it, the thing she always does is keep writing and publish every article that she accomplished. She had been blogging for years without earning money until somebody offered her to place ads on her blog and finally she succeeds to get money from blogging. The interesting fact is at the time she used a free domain or hosted domain from blogger/blogspot.com. And it does not only happen in the realm of literacy but also other aspects, for instance, technology. We must be often hearing someone like Mark Zuckerberg or Bill Gate, they are people who are successful at technological development.

From the stories above I learn that behind the great people there is an unease process, most of the people emphasize heavily on results, not process. Even if we have to experience a failure, actually learn from our failure is better and teach us to not easily give up.

Mmh... I should learn how to love and enjoy the process along with fully perseverance and conviction. No one can motivate me except motivating myself. I just need a bit willpower and consistency, fine, that is it! Even though I am not a writer (not for now) but I like writing. I am not a writer but I am trying to be.

No comments:

#26 Ngulik tentang Financial Literacy

  Photo by Chronis Yan on Unsplash Di blog ini pula, saya pernah sebelumnya menulis tulisan dengan judul “ "#14 Belajar Gaya Hidu...