#18 A Book Called ‘Rentang Kisah’



I would like to share another book that has attracted my attention. The book called 'Rentang Kisah' by Gita Savitri. Yep, this book is originally written in Indonesian, and it is categorized as an autobiography, which is written by an Indonesian YouTuber who studies and lives in Germany.

But I have to ensure that it will not be a book review. I only share a little bit my point of view about the book based on my experience.

I read the book about several months ago, and it did not take a long time, I needed two to three hours to read it until finished. I thought I did not have any difficulties when I was reading it because it's written simply; it is like a language that mostly used daily by younger. Some first chapter, she writes about her teenage days and school life before leaving for Germany to study, because the process was so long so that it was not easy to study in Germany, she found difficulties particularly in grasping the lecture that ever made her desperate. And then continue to how she met Paul, the guy who is now her husband. The interesting fact is, at the time Paul was a Christian. I think it is hard for a Moslem woman like Gita in deciding to have a relationship with a guy in other religion because in Indonesia it is a big deal, you know! But I appreciate her as she living in Germany has brought her up to new life changes, it makes her religion (islam) view better as well as she has open-minded. When I watched some of her YouTube videos, she had been chosen to be part of (YouTube) creator for change.

Even Falcon pictures (a film industry) makes a film adaption of this book and I hear it will be released in 2020.

Why I would like to tell you about Gita Savitri's book because it is so inspiring. Regardless she is an exceptional and has a good critical thinking, and you know what, the idea of leaving abroad always occurred in my mind because I think at least with leaving abroad I can learn more, finding out something new, meet new people, having broad-minded, open-minded and of course, more independent, particularly at problem solving so that with reading her book it ensures me that there is nothing impossible.

You know, I always have a desire to write a story of me, even though it is an unimportant and uninteresting story to tell. Yeah, maybe I have got to start it besides I blog my life. Thanks to Gita Savitri who has been inspired me through her book.

If you are interested to know more about her life journey, just read her book and watch her YouTube channel. 

1 comment:

Ibrahim said...

THIS ARTICLE IS GOOD AND I HAPPY READING

#26 Ngulik tentang Financial Literacy

  Photo by Chronis Yan on Unsplash Di blog ini pula, saya pernah sebelumnya menulis tulisan dengan judul “ "#14 Belajar Gaya Hidu...