#2 A piece of College Days


Hello, I am Warda, I am from Sumedang, a small city in West Java. I was graduated from local college last year, exactly in November 2017. I took English Literature as I focused on. Now I work as an English tutor in one of the English courses here. I teach English for the student of elementary school to senior high school or sometimes it depends on student level. Okay, this time I am going to tell you about my experiences during I was in Days College.
I learnt so many things while I was studying, to be honest, I did not get so many things impressive for me when experiencing days college, but I think I miss it all so much, it seems for me as if I want to back to where I was a student college. I like learning, really. I feel regret for was not being a study oriented-student, totally regret, but I also did not even think I studied at the college was just for having fun or earn money. Basically, I love to meet new people even it is a bit challenging for me to build a good dealing or impress someone I meet for the first time.




I’ve got extraordinarily amazing classmates, they were so unique and a bit weird I think, I don’t know somehow I was weird for them or in reverse, hehe, I knew a little about them and I can’t judge them how they were, but their character made them so unique and funny. I’ve got just a few that really got close, but now they've disappeared.

All subjects were interesting, each had an unforgettable thing and stuff for me but I was not sure I really liked all of them, but being a student of English literature, I learnt more than just English, completely valuable. Actually, all subjects were interesting and essential to learn but it depends on the way the lecturers convey the material, also a few of assignments the lecturers gave were unique and that made me excited and so enthusiast to do them.

The condition of class, mmh... let me think for a second! Ah! And yeah...I have no idea, no idea how I should describe it. Sometimes it let me stay focused sometimes not. But it got perfect when we had class next to the library, yea in the year of 1 and 2 we got the class next to the library. I love the library so much. You know, the perfect place for me when I was experiencing Days College was Library, exactly when I got the second floor, besides for reading I could talk and discuss everything randomly with my friends and sometimes we brought some food or drinks there. Yep, that’s stupid! We knew it’s not good and it’s banned, we seemed to break the rules. Ah, what we had done...

The canteen and food stall were part of unforgettable thing, I got there when I was really hungry or I felt thirsty and I forgot my water bottle at home, but going to the canteen was not something I always did, I’d rather bring the food or drink from home. You know, something I bought in the canteen too much was Good day ice coffee, my favourite.

When you didn’t have a printer or copy machine, where you should print or copy your documents or assignments? At my college, there were some places where you could rent those, we pay it based on how many pages we printed. Not all students owning the printer or copy machine. And it happened to me when I was a college student, sometimes I should wait for printing my stuff due to so many students wanted to do the same thing. Yet, now when I’d completed my study I rarely do that again I’ve got my own printer but not for copy machine.

By the way, it’s been so long, I still remember how I wanted to continue my study to the college after graduating from a vocational school, which was full of struggle I had to fight how I could get the chance. Taking English department was my dream because I was very obsessed in English since I was in junior high school, I wanted to have ability in speaking English like people who speak English in the Hollywood movie or like people in Harry Potter because they sound great, Harry Potter was the only my favourite film when I was about 14... but if you listen to my English accent, uhh sounds disaster! Well, the first year at the college I desired both in learning and reading a lot of English book. I frequently visited the library just looking for the exact English books to be read and searching a lot on the internet how to speak English well or how to master English and not forget to train my tongue to pronounce English words properly by listening to BBC record... That’s full of the spirit of learning. One thing that made me impressed that’s when my lecturer on speaking subject asked us to find the unique video and we have to tell a lot about the video that we’d chosen in English in front of the class after we showed people the video. And at the time, I chose a video about a danger bug; the push caterpillar which could make people didn’t want to see it... But you see? I could tell people a lot about my video and finally spoke English even though full of nerves I felt great at the time even I knew some of them were better than me.

But afterward, it’s not long-lasting. In fact, in the following years exactly in 4th year where it would be my last, I had gradually lost the desire to learn it again, no more reading, listening, speaking, and learning. I was no longer interested in those things, I had just realized all of it when there were so many vocabularies were lost in my head and when I had to make a journal, proposal and research paper that’s make me brush over and think why I should dealing with them... don’t know why.., I was regretted being a lazy one.

Actually, it's just nothing but all of it does mean a lot for me.

I just hope I want to be the one I was ever, just like the first year at the college in order to be the one who likes to learn, to read, to speak, to hear, to grasp, inspired and motivated.

No comments:

#26 Ngulik tentang Financial Literacy

  Photo by Chronis Yan on Unsplash Di blog ini pula, saya pernah sebelumnya menulis tulisan dengan judul “ "#14 Belajar Gaya Hidu...